What are the minimum requirements for ShoWorks?
The minimum requirements for ShoWorks:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Pro, Ultimate, Enterprise) 64-bit (32-bit Windows is not supported due limitations on RAM - see below).
Home Editions of any version of Windows is not supported, nor is Windows 7 and older.
Click here for a detailed list of compatible Windows versions.
- 8GB RAM or higher.
- 300MB of free hard disk.
- (optional) iPad
- Any iPad manufactured after 2012. Please Click here for a complete list of compatible devices and how to identify your model.
- iOS version iOS11 or newer
- If using Bluetooth reader for RFID/EID ear tag scanning with iPad app
- If using a printer with iPad app
- Apple AirPrint Compatible
- One-sided printing only (double-sided printers are NOT recommended).
The minimum network requirements for ShoWorks are:
- Wireless networking (except when syncing the iPad) is not supported unless running Remote Desktop.
- 100Mbps Ethernet (NIC) card on each computer (1000Mbps / 1Gbps recommended).
- 100Mbps Switch or Router (1000Mbps / 1Gbps recommended).
- Unless using ShoWorks under Remote Desktop, networking through a maximum of only one switch is supported.
- Network Attached Storage devices are not supported.
- Please see the following article for more information about networking ShoWorks.
Compatibility conflicts with ShoWorks are:
- Microsoft Office and/or Access is not required on a machine running ShoWorks, but if installed (regardless if used), must be 32-bit versions. Office 64-bit is incompatible with ShoWorks, despite Windows 64-bit being compatible with ShoWorks. In fact, Microsoft recommends against installing the 64-bit version of Office for most users (see http://officepreview.microsoft.com/en-us/support/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-office-HA102840825.aspx) and informs users to install the 32-bit version of Office (note: this is in regards to "Microsoft Office" and not "Microsoft Windows". Do not confuse "Office" with "Windows" - they are not the same). For a related article that discusses the merit of 32-bit Office for third party apps such as ShoWorks, please see https://makinhole.com/MSO-32bit-vs-64bit.htm
- In addition, if Microsoft Office and/or Access is installed on the machine, it must be the following:
- For ShoWorks 2016/2020 users:
- Office 365 (32-bit)
- Office 2019 (32-bit)
- Office 2016 (32-bit)
- Office 2013 (32-bit)
- Office 2010 (32-bit)
- For ShoWorks 2016/2020 users:
- Older versions of ShoWorks should not be installed on a machine with newer versions of ShoWorks installed.
I am looking to buy a new computer for ShoWorks, will you recommend one?
Please see the following article for assistance on chosing a computer that is right for ShoWorks.
What are my options to use ShoWorks across mutilple computers?
You can network many computers together, merge data from computer not connected to a network, or share your data files between computers. See the following article for more information about using ShoWorks on multiple computers.
Do I need Microsoft Access™ to use ShoWorks?
No, but if you have MS Access version 2010 or newer, you can use the included ShoWorks Companion for Microsoft Access to further tweak all reports in any format that you desire, however the built-in ShoWorks Report Wizard is sufficient for most fairs reporting needs. Versions of Access prior to 2010 are not supported.
ShoWorks comes in different editions based on the number of entries a fair has. What does this mean?
The number of entries is the number of items that are going to be judged in the fair. Since an exhibitor may show more than one entry, the fair will typically have 2 to 3 times as many entries as compared to the number of exhibitors.